RE: AMBER: tleap and Zn parameter

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 08:31:26 -0700

Hi Susanne,

This is a clear example of where it would save everybody a lot of time if
you were clear about exactly what you were trying to do from the beginning.
Posting the link to the example you are following would help everybody and
it creates a link trail. Since this is how all modern search engines work so
people would be able to link these message threads together later on.

I assume you are referring to this thread:

http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200412/0087.html

I can't see anything wrong with the example here, it clearly states:

"Now, for a protein containing Zn2+ you would edit the PDB and change the
residue name for the zinc atom to ZNA."

Note there is a distinct difference between atom name, residue name and atom
type.

I would encourage you to make sure you understand exactly what is going on
in this example and where the information flow goes with respect to residue
name, atom name, atom type and parameters. Doing this means that you
appreciate what the actual steps involved in creating your own unit etc are.
Once you understand this repeating it for any generic residue of your
choosing should be easy.

All the best
Ross