Re: AMBER: pmemd iwrap trouble

From: Robert Duke <rduke.email.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:49:18 -0400

You might try wrapping in 1 step of 0.01 fsec (ie., dt = .00001). That way
the before and after delta in all atom positions should be reduced 100-fold,
and you should see a smaller energy delta. You would expect some
difference, as you are really minimizing two structures that differ by more
than just the wrapping operation - they also differ by the distance moved by
all atoms in the dynamics step. Also, using the 32 angstom water buffer
sounds pretty excessive. Is your protein complex perhaps not a good
candidate for fitting in a truncated octahedron? (so a globular protein
approximating a sphere is the best candidate; elongated structures may fit
better in an orthogonal unit cell). Also note my earlier comments about
no_intermolecular_bonds.
Regards - Bob