RE: AMBER: how to extract energy

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:07:41 -0700

Hi Wang,

Are you running this simulation in explicit solvent? If so then the PME
routines etc are not strictly pairwise decomposable so you can't actually
evaluate the energy of a single molecule. You can, however, obtain the
internal energy for a molecule (bonds, angles, dihedrals etc). If you are
running implicit solvent GB then you can do a pairwise decomposition to find
an individual molecules contribution to the total energy.

See idecomp on page 26 of the AMBER 10 manual.

Good luck,
Ross