Re: AMBER: xLeap compilation issues

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 22:27:53 -0700

On Tue, May 20, 2008, Sasha Buzko wrote:

> I'm trying to get xLeap to compile on RedHat EL 5.0, but routinely get a
> linker error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXt

If you haven't already done so, grab the lastest code from AmberTools at
http://ambermd.org. In any event, you should let us know which version of
Amber you are using.

You could also try without the -static option: maybe you only have dynamic
X libraries installed.

The third possibility is that you have 64-bit libraries installed (what sort
of processor is this?), but leap is looking for 32-bit libraries. This is
much more likely to happen with older versions.

Finally, posting the actual error messages may well be helpful. The final
compile statement shows what directories the compiler is looking in. I don't
think(?) the value of LD_LIBRARY_PATH is relevant at the link step. You say
the "the location of the libraries is available during linking", but how do
you know this? The full error message for the link step might provide some
clues here.

...dac