Re: AMBER: Hybrid REMD amber10

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 02:55:06 -0400

yes Ross is right- make sure even though you make an explicit solvent
prmtop that you choose the radii that you want for the GB part in leap.

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>

> Adrian or Carlos may be able to comment more definitively on this but I
> think this essentially means that the GB radii are required – obviously to
> do the hybrid part of the REMD – even though this is a solvated prmtop file.
> This should always be true since I believe leap always writes the radii to
> the prmtop file even if you solvated it. (%FLAG RADII)
>

> The key point though I think is that you need to consider what GB model you
> will use as part of the REMD when creating the prmtop file. I.e. if you plan
> to use GB=1 or 7 then you are fine with the defaults but if you want to use
> GB=2 or 5 then you need to execute 'set default PBradii mbondi2' in leap
> before saving the prmtop file.
>

> All the best
>
> Ross

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
CMM Bldg, Room G80
Stony Brook University E-mail: carlos.simmerling.gmail.com
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu