RE: AMBER: prmtop spec trivia

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:34:04 -0700

Hi Lachele,

The prmtop file is supposed to be extensible since AMBER v7. The fields can
appear in any order and it is possible to define new fields without breaking
the prmtop file. Thus you should not need to worry about the ordering. That
said there may be some old tools around that people have written where they
have assumed that the prmtop file always has a specific order and that
specific fields have certain formats but I think these are in the minority.

Good luck,

Ross