Re: AMBER: TI: perturbation method

From: Thomas Steinbrecher <steinbrt.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:32:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Fatima,

that depends on which version of Amber you are using. In Amber 9 (and 8?)
you will have to build two different prmtop files (one with the initial
and one with the final charge) and run them using the icfe=1 facilities in
sander. For older versions of amber you would have to build a perturbed
prmtop file.

In my opinion, the easiest way to build the two prmtop files corresponding
to your two endstates is two make two *.lib files for them, e.g.
molecule_charge0.off and molecule_charge1.off. Then read those into leap
to build prmtop0 and prmtop1

Alternatively, if you are using xleap, you can use the edit command to
manually select and modify the charges on some atoms.

Regards,

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
The Scripps Research Institute