RE: AMBER: cntrl namelist error

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:01:47 -0700

Hi Patrick,

> I am generating a 'Could not find cntrl namelist' error when running a
> minimization. The script that I am using is
>
> JK1WT 204aa : initial minimization whole system
> &cntrl
> imin = 1,
> maxcyc = 2500,
> ntpr = 5,
> &end

Unfortunately with email it is always difficult to see what the actual
formatting of the file was although in your case I believe it is because you
have too many spaces before the first &. There should be just a single space
before the ampesands (thus they should be in column 2.) I.e.

JK1WT 204aa : initial minimization whole system
 &cntrl
   imin = 1,
   maxcyc = 2500,
   ntpr = 5,
 &end

You may also want to replace the &end with a / (again in column 2) since
some compilers prefer this. I.e.

   ntpr = 5,
 /

Good luck,