AMBER: potential of mean force: Unit of PMF energies and min path

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:26:43 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a new to PMF. I run the PMF calculations, and resolved the energy with WHAM. However, I have two questions:

(1) what is the unit of energy listed in the output WHAM? Is it kcal/mol?

(2) Can we find the minimum pathway in a 2D-PMF obtained by WHAM? If yes, could you mind to teach me how? Do I need to have write a script for doing this or can I do it with the amber package?

Best regards,

Cat