Re: SV: AMBER: ptraj, hbond and non-bonded contacts

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.eml-r.villa-bosch.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 12:00:41 +0100

Hi Samuel,

I had the same problem and still didnt solve it. It seems to be a bug
there or something about the syntax of the hbond command that is not
written in the AMBER manual. So I dont think you are doing anything
wrong. Lets see if anybody else has experienced this and managed to fix it.

Just to make sure ... the double printing of ":1827.CG2" in the acceptor
mask is just your typing error, isnt it ?

Vlad

Samuel Genheden (a03samge) wrote:
> Hello, again
>
> I've tested to specify the heavy atom twice but it does not seem to
> work for me. Here is my test input:
>
> trajin ../mdcrd 31 1270 1
> donor mask :403.CB
> acceptor mask :1827.CG2 :1827.CG2
> hbond distance 10.0 time 1.0 series test
>
> I know 10 Å is crazy for a threshold but this is just for debuging. So
> then I give this to ptraj and it process everything ok. It finds the
> masks and start accumulate the hbond data, but when it should dump all
> hydrogen bond information for occupancies > 0.00 this list is empty!
>
> I checked the distance between the two atoms by using the "distance"
> action and found that in average it was about 3.9 Å. So it should be
> well inside the threshold for the most of the time. Any suggestions?
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Best regards,
> Samuel

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org