AMBER: RE: Re: AMBER: AMBER install problem

From: Kijeong Kwac <pine994.naver.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 02:35:10 +0900

Thank you for the replies.
I found that the problem is related to yacc.
The system administrator suggested to use bison instead of yacc.
So I have changed a few lines in the makefile in the netcdf/src/ncgen directory:
"yacc = yacc" is changed to "yacc = bison"
"cat y.tab.c >ncgentab.c && rm y.tab.c" is changed to "cat ncgen.tab.c >ncgentab.c && rm ncgen.tab.c"
"cat y.tab.h >ncgentab.h && rm y.tab.h" is changed to "cat ncgen.tab.h >ncgentab.h && rm ncgen.tab.h".

After these changes, the installation was completed without error.
I hope this would be helpful for someone who has some problem related to yacc.

Sincerely
Kijeong