Re: AMBER: Temperature Range For REMD

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:26:44 -0400

I don't think anyone has really determined an "ideal" temperature.
Recent work by Ron Levy shows that high temperature can make things
worse if folding is non-Arrhenius. We usually use a highest T of about
400-500K. Above that you can have stability problems and also
invert chiralities, etc, so make sure to use restraints.