AMBER: Benchmarks on Fujitsu PrimePower 2500?

From: Craig Gough <c-gough.aist.go.jp>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:36:28 +0900

Dear Amber gurus,

Does anyone have absolute benchmarks (that they are willing to share) for
AMBER 8 or 9 parallel molecular dynamics (PMEMD and/or sander) running on a
Fujitsu Primepower 2500 (SPARC64) system? That is, I'm interested in actual
wallclock times for a rough approximation of the timings, for a rough
comparison to other systems. I've found relative timings for Sander 7,
Sander 8, and PMEMD with different numbers of processors in the link for
PrimePower installation instructions on the AMBER web page, but not any
absolute wallclock benchmarks.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Craig Gough

Integrated Database Team

Japan Biological Information Research Center (JBIRC)

AIST Waterfront Bio-IT Research Building, 7th Floor

Aomi 2-42, Koto-ku, Tokyo

135-0064

Tel: 03-3599-8810