AMBER: RE: Request

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:38:25 -0800

Hi Delwar,

I am copying this message to the amber mailing list where such questions
should be posted for others to see - please subscribe - see
http://www.ambermd.org for details.

> I am trying to analyze the data from amber output file. I
> make a new directory
> and put the out put file in the new directory. I also put the
> process_mdout.perl in the same directory. Then I used
>
> Titan[12] delwar$ process_mdout.perl pnbCE.md10.out &
>
> I got the following message.
>
> -bash: ./process_mdout.perl: Permission denied
>
> I therefore request you to help me where and how I need to down the
> process_mdout.perl and then use it for analyze data.

Under Unix / Linux a file has to be executable for you to be able to run it
with ./foo

Do the following:

chmod u+x process_mdout.perl

and then try again. Alternatively you can do:

perl ./process_mdout.perl pnbCE.md10.out

All the best
Ross

/\
\/