AMBER: xmgr graphics display program

From: Hopkins, Robert <hopkins.uhcl.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:02:23 -0600

Dear Amber Users,

My Amber programs are running in a Cygwin environment on a Windows
machine. I've been able to get the Win32 version of the graphics
program xmgr to work adequately, although each time I run it, I get a
long list of warnings of undefined keys and symbols (when using it for
Amber tutorial 1). As an alternative, I tried using RPM to install the
file xmgr-semistatic-4.1.2-12.i386.rpm which can be found in
Amber_Tutorials_CD/polyA-polyT_New/misc_files, but have been
unsuccessful because of a long list of failures to locate various
dependency files, etc. My question is the following: has anyone been
successful in installing xmgr-semistatic-4.1.2-12.i386.rpm in a Cygwin
environment, and if so, I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Bob Hopkins