Re: AMBER: Error while compiling Amber

From: Lili Peng <lpeng.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:11:39 -0800

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did look into the README of MPICH2 (
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/research/projects/mpich2/documentation/files/mpich2-doc-README.txt)
and tried to set up the daemon for MPD:

$ export PATH="/nas/lpeng/src/mpich2-1.0.6p1/bin"
$ which mpd
/nas/lpeng/src/mpich2-1.0.6p1/bin/mpd
$ which mpiexec
/nas/lpeng/src/mpich2-1.0.6p1/bin/mpiexec
$ which mpirun
/nas/lpeng/src/mpich2-1.0.6p1/bin/mpirun

Everything looks fine until I try to ring up the MPD:
$ mpd &
[1] 13151
/usr/bin/env: python2.4: No such file or directory
[1]+ Exit 127 mpd

What happened? why is it trying to access the env subdirectory, which
doesn't even exist bin?

Any leads on your behalf would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Lili