RE: AMBER: Amber compilation with ifort

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:06:20 -0800

Hi Andrey,

I'm not sure that the -gnucompat option will work / is required with the
Intel compiler. Here is what I do with Amber 9 on x86_64.

1) source ifortvars.sh
2) serial:
    i) ./configure -static -nopar ifort_x86_64
    ii) make clean
    iii) make

3) parallel:
    i) Build mpich2 with ifort for static linking
    ii) make clean
    iii) ./configure -static -mpich2 ifort_x86_64
    iv) make parallel

Don't forget the "make clean" - seeing an error relating to gfortran
suggests to me that you weren't starting with a clean source tree.

All the best
Ross
/\
\/