RE: AMBER: Amber parallel version on CPU power of 2 only

From: <fatima.chami.durham.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:19:22 +0000

Dear Ross,

So its an inherent restriction to Sander and not to the MPI implementation.

For my system of 11500 sites the 16 CPUS run is my cutoff (2times faster than 1cpu)

I am thinking to use PMEMD to run my MD simulation for a long length of time (20ns)

are input and output files for PMEMD compatibles to the one that sander.mpi uses
cause I will carry on the simulation and not start from scratch

best wishes
fatima