AMBER: mm/pbsa and saltcon effect

From: Christopher Gaughan <clgaughan68.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:40:17 -0500

Hello,

I have been trying to see the effect of increasing the salt concentration on
the delta G of binding of a dimer consisting of two 28aa alpha helices using
mm-pbsa algorithm. I have noticed no effect of changing this parameter even
up to 5M concentration of counterions. I have attached the
statistics.outfiles of an mmpbsa run with 0 salt and a
statistics.out file for a run where saltcon is set to 5M. This strikes me as
very unusual since the dimer is supposedly partially held together by
electrostatic forces (Lys-Glu interactions). Surely 5M salt should have had
some effect.

Here is my setup:

MM 1
GB 1