Re: AMBER: check COM velocity

From: Lars Skjærven <lars.skjarven.biomed.uib.no>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:36:53 +0100

You might want to try to equilibrate with weak restraints, thus ntr=1.
You can also try taup = 2.0 (or higher, see p97 in manual).

Maybe something like this(?):
2ns equilibration
 &cntrl
  imin = 0, irest = 1, ntx = 7,
  ntb = 2, pres0 = 1.0, ntp = 1,
  taup = 2.0,
  cut = 10, ntr = 1,
  ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
  tempi = 300.0, temp0 = 300.0,
  ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0,
  nstlim = 1000000, dt = 0.002,
  ntpr = 500, ntwx = 5000, ntwr = 5000,
/
Keep protein fixed with weak restraints
0.5
RES 1 524
END
END

Might be worth a try...

As for the "check COM velocity, temp", it is described more here:
http://archive.ambermd.org/200211/0057.html