RE: AMBER: leaprc.ff02polEP.r1into xleap

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:54:13 -0800

Hi Denis,

You likely have a poor starting structure - I suspect two atoms are
overlapping causing a very high energy and force. Search for vlimit on the
amber mailing list archive (http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/) and you will
find a number of suggestions for things to do. Take a look at the
minimization output - are any values particularly high - especially VDW?
Look at the atom listed as having GMAX - then look at that atom visually.
Also you can set ntwx=1 and run about 10 steps of MD and then visualize it
and you should be able to see where the "blow up" of your system originates
from - you will then need to fix your input structure.

I will reiterate Dave's comment as well. If you are new to Amber and MD
which it appears you are you should NOT be attempting to do polarizable
simulations until you are fully familiar with all the intricacies of regular
MD simulations. You should work through all of the tutorials on the amber
website and then setup and run your current system using FF99SB and make
sure you can do this first.

You should also get yourself a good book on MD and read it to make sure you
are familiar with the theory.

All the best
Ross

/\