Re: AMBER: MD simulations with Pt atom - how to keep square planar geometry?

From: Pablo Englebienne <pablo.englebienne.mcgill.ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:44:43 -0500

Thanks German, I tried that (ntc = 3, ntf = 3) but unfortunately I got
a shake error after 0 iterations:

--[mdout]--
     Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) was not accomplished
     within 3000 iterations

     Note: This is usually a symptom of some deeper
     problem with the energetics of the system.
--[mdout]--

I then realized that the problem was probably due to having an atom
with a mass of 0; I tried setting to 1 and the problem is solved. The
large K for the bond stretch keeps the bond length at 1A, the Pt is
square planar and the energies are reasonable.

Thanks again!
--
Pablo Englebienne, PhD Student, Moitessier research group
Department of Chemistry, McGill University