RE: AMBER: AMBER 9 - Force Field Options - Question

From: Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 09:21:00 -0700

Hi, Carlos,

I thought Adrian was questioning the validity of parm94 because his main
concern was the difference in dielectric environment in which the charges
were derived and parm94 was derived in "gas-phase" :).

You are right, to validate this, a set of highly accurate absolute binding
free energies would be desirable. If this is what you meant, the answer is
no, we have not done it. However, we have calculated the solvation free
energies of the two charge sets and found they are indeed quite similar.

yong