Re: AMBER: solvateCap minin and mdin for qm-mm dftb

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 13:42:50 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to examine the cap of solvent in xleap. Now, how are inpcrd rest mdcrd
files to be handled with VMD? This question because I am now trying to
visualize the solute and cap with VMD. No problem for inpcrd and rst, though
the solute is completely out of the spherical assembly of TIP3PBOX. On
resizing, the solute is not resized.

With mdcrd there is a further problem, I believe a wrong choice of filetype
because the solute molecule is highly distorted with all options I tried.

To make the cap I used

solvateCap EQE TIP3PBOX {1.2 59.9 130.3} 20.0

where the cartesian coordinates for a central carbon atom in the solute were
taken from the prepin file from antechamber.

Does any shift of coordinates occur after the stage of prepin?

If all that is not clear, I have to change option to define the "position",
perhaps one that Ross suggested.

Thanks

francesco