Re: AMBER: Force field for RNA with U-turn motif

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:33:46 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Jenk,

I would use both, but see no physical reason to mix them,
i.e., one nucleotide this ff, another that ff.
Comparison of both ff would be interesting.
I would use parmbsc0 as the standard when starting
a new project right now.

U-turn types of RNA structures are likely to show backbone dynamics,
at least we have seen this in amber simulations.
Jana Sefcikova et al.
The genomic HDV ribozyme utilizes a previously unnoticed
U-turn motif to accomplish fast site-specific catalysis
Nucleic Acids Res., March 2007; 35: 1933 - 1946
Though we did not reach any convincing conclusion.

Best wishes, Jiri