Re: AMBER: antechamber, how does it work

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:25:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Junmei. Thanks. Please, read below at your convenience.

--- Junmei Wang <junmwang.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Antechamber mainly uses Divcon to generate AM1 or CM2 charges after
> structural optimization. Other functions of Divcon do not directly related to
> the antechamber package.

OK

> If the molecule is big and sometimes restarting or multiple processes is
> needed, one may first generate divcon output (divout) and use it as input of
> antechamber.

I fear I do not understand here. Do you mean divcon.out file brought to
completion? After 48 hours, divcon.out is still in development, as follows:

Starting

CYCLE = 1
ENERGY -3019.062736 GNORM = 406.233 GRDMAX = 63.8357 GRDAVR = 8.0472 DELTAE =
-64.038478 DELTAX = 0.011914

now

CYCLE = 2442
ENERGY = -3163.884775 GNORM = 0.931 GRDMAX = 0.2200 GRDAVR = 0.0150 DELTAE =
-0.000870 DELTAX = 0.000192
ENERGYTEST PASSED
GRADIENT NORM TEST PASSED
GRADIENT COMPONENT TEST PASSED

User supplied was:
XTEST=0.0001
ECRIT=4.06E-06
DCRIT=5.0E-04
MAXIT=100
TEMPK=1000.0
RMIN=0.5
INTGLS=TALMAN
MAXOPT=0
ETEST=2.0E-03
GTEST=5.0E-01
DIIS
NOXML

Is it any hope to brought the calculation successfully to end? At any event,
could you please adjust your suggestion "one may first generate divcon output
(divout) and use it as input of antechamber" to the present situation?

Also, what about your "restarting or multiple processes" above? What I said, is
that sometimes "Resetting search direction" appears in the divcon.out file.

Please, remember that it is a non-polymeric molecule, so features for proteins
or DNA do not apply.

Thanks

francesco pietra

> Mopac is another choice used by antechamber to generate AM1 and AM1-BCC
> charges.

OK