Re: AMBER: Cygwin error

From: Gustavo Seabra <gustavo.seabra.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:21:01 -0400

On 8/8/07, Mark Williamson <Mark.Williamson.imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> Lili Peng wrote:
>
> > $ export AMBERHOME="H:/Documents and Settings/Lili/My Documents/amber9"
> > $ ls $AMBERHOME
> > ls: cannot access H:/Documents: No such file or directory
> > ls: cannot access and: No such file or directory
> > ls: cannot access Settings/Lili/My: No such file or directory
> > ls: cannot access Documents/amber9: No such file or directory
>

> I'm not 100% on this one, but you may need to escape the spaces with a
> backslash "\"
>
> "H:/Documents\ and\ Settings/Lili/My\ Documents/amber9/"

That's one thing. Also, in cygwin, it would be more correct to use
cygdrive, such as in:

  Windows:
  My Documents

  Cygwin:
  /cygdrive/c/Documents\ and\ Settings/<<user>>/My\ Documents/

What I do is to have a symlink in my Cygwin home directory pointing to
the Amber dir:
   $ ls -l work
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 seabra None 60 Apr 29 16:00 work ->
/cygdrive/c/Documents and Settings/seabra/My Documents/Work/

and the Amber directory in "work" (which is actually inside "My
Documents"). Then, I can define AMBERHOME as:
 AMBERHOME="/home/seabra/work/amber10"

HTH,
Gustavo.