AMBER: extract protein energy from MD trajectory

From: Mikyung <seo.ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:47:53 -0600

Hello amber users,

I tried to extract energy of protein from protein-sugar interaction MD
trajectory using imin=5.
As Carlos said, I used "-x" option to read the previous trajectory and
calculate energy for protein only.

What I did are:

1. MD simulation of protein-sugar in the gas phase
2. strip sugar from trajectory and save to new trajectory
(MDtraj_protein.x) using ptraj
3. create topology (protein.top) and coordinates (protein.crd) files
for protein only in xleap
4. load new trajectory using imin=5 and calculate energy

Here are input and command to run calculation:

  &cntrl
      imin = 5, ntx = 1, maxcyc=1,
      scnb = 2.0, scee = 1.2,
      cut = 9999.0
  /

sander -O -i proteinE.in -o proteinE.out -p protein.top -c protein.crd
-x MDtraj_protein.x

However, I don't get any output file.
There is nothing in proteinE.out file.
What is wrong with my input or command?

Is there anyone to have same problem and can you help me?

Thanks