Re: AMBER: surface area over the trajectory

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:09:51 -0400

On 7/10/07, Mikyung <seo.ualberta.ca> wrote:
> Hello Carlos,
>
> If coordinates sets are read from trajectory, why are initial
> coordinates (with -c option) needed?
no reason other than minimal changes to the code this way.

> Second question:
> Should I define that how often ntwx, ntwe, ntwr, ntpr are saved in
> input file?
these should not matter

> I think that data should be saved for each frame of MD trajectory
> automatically.
yes, but your output might depend on how many steps you minimize

> Third question:
> I ran job with the following command but I don't get any output in
> *.out file even though ntwx=1, ntwe=1, ntwr=1 and ntpr=1 in input file
> to calculate surface area.

that's odd, does everything work ok if you use imin=1 and otherwise the
same files? (make sure to only be using a copy of the trajectory you
want to analyze!)