Re: AMBER: make serial failure for xleap

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 01:39:32 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all. I have installed the debian package xorg-dev, run "make clean"
and again "make", which exited with Error 2.

Remembering that I was instructed to configure as:

"./configure -static ifort_x86_64"

I imagined what happened. I deleted previous errors.log and run "make >&
errors.log", which is in attachment (renamed "errors").

It seems to me that such warning as "Using 'gethostname' in statically linked
applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from glibc version used
for linking" means that the command line for ./configure as above indicated is
not appropriate, though I don't know exactly why. I known that intel comprises
the static libraries, don't know for gcc.

I would be most indebted for suggestion what to do. I understand that the xleap
issue could be ignored - without much loss - through a modification of the
Makefile,though it is disturbing to continue when something is not correct.

I have been told that running first a serial compilation is on the good reason
that certain parts of amber9 are not compiled if running a parallel compilation
only. Then, I expected that "make install" has to be run after a successful
serial "make". I am confused about that, because it is not specifid to command
"make install" before moving to a parallel compilation.

Were not for the last problem (is it is a problem at all) I would skip the
serial compilation, trying a non-static parallel compilation immediately, with
ifort C and C++ from intel.

All that under the understanding that I am a beginner in compilation and I
apologize for any trouble I am trying to tranfer to Those who know.

Thanks

francesco pietra