AMBER: $AMBERHOME on PATH

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

I must have done something very silly while at the first steps of installing
amber9. After untarring as described in the readme on the CD, getting
/usr/local/amber9

I set (bash shell)

$ AMBERHOME=/usr/local/amber9; export AMBERHOME

which occurred correctly, as shown by

$ echo $AMBERHOME
 /usr/local/amber9

and AMBERHOME was seen correctly with printenv.

Then I set in my .bashrc

PATH=$PATH:$AMBERHOME/exe; export AMBERHOME PATH

If I restart, in order that .bashrc is read, I see (with printenv) ":/exe"
added to my PATH, while

$ echo $AMBERHOME

reports a blank line and AMBERHOME is no more displayed on running printenv.

Why that line read on .bashrc at the start has caused all that?

Thanks
francesco pietra