Re: AMBER: set up system solution with 3 different components, each with multiple copies

From: Nicolas Lux Fawzi <fawzin.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 08:16:54 -0700

Hi Professor Case,
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I really do have a 3 component system : multiple peptides (on the
order of 20), multiple organic solvent molecules (glycerol, which i
created in antechamber with gaff), and multiple waters.
I suppose I could make a pdb file with the correct ratio of glycerols
to peptides, replicate that manually/periodically enough times to get
the system size I want, then solvateBox to add the water. I was
wondering if there was an easier way that didn't involve manual placing
of all the peptides and organic molecules before solvating with water.

-Nick