Re: AMBER: problem with running rem on amber9 (NOT A REMD PROBLEM)

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:31:19 -0400

do you have a lot of experience running MD? I'm just checking to see
the best way to help you out. Why are you running GB solvation on
a system with explicit water? If that is what you want then it can be ok,
but
that is a very advanced technique. REMD can go very wrong if you are
not already an expert with normal MD.

Also if it doesn't work with normal MD either then it is not a problem with
REMD,
you might get better response by sending a new mail to the list saying that
MD doesn't work and not limiting it to the people who understand REMD.
You might try to compare your mdin files that do/do not work and try
changing
things one at a time until you narrow down what is causing the problem,
and then mailing the list again with a more specific request.
good luck