Re: AMBER: LES problem

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.eml-r.villa-bosch.de>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:41:19 +0200

This might sound trivial ... and I dont know if that's the source of any
errors ... but just glancing at the input, i realized that it misses a
comma after ntwr=2000 (last line).....
I have no idea if that creates any problems .... but all my scripts have
commas before the end character "/" ....

 From my experience with AMBER, crashes that do not output any errors
(as Urszula reported) are the result of input namelist errors ....

As for LES, most crashes that I had to deal with were the result of the
instrinsic limits for addles or sander.LES .. but they do report clear
error messages pointing the user to the increase of certain parameters
before re-compilation ....

vlad

Carlos Simmerling wrote:

> it looks ok to me, perhaps you can send prmtop and inpcrd privately
> (not to the whole list)
> and I can try them.
>
> On 6/4/07, *Urszula Uciechowska* <
> urszula.uciechowska.pharmazie.uni-halle.de
> <mailto:urszula.uciechowska.pharmazie.uni-halle.de>> wrote:
>

> Dear Amber users,
>
> I would like to run LES simulations on an loop. I have the non-les
> system equilibrated (water
> +ions) and I created the LES topology (starting from the
> equilibrated non-LES system) file by
> making 5 copies of my region. After running sander.LES I am
> getting only the empty out file
> and nothing more I checked my prmtop file and it seems to be ok
> and also copies that I made.
> I copied my input file below that I would like to use to LES,
> maybe there are some mistakes.
>
> &cntrl
> imin = 0, irest = 1, ntx = 7,
> ntb = 2, pres0 = 1.0, ntp = 1,
> taup = 2.0,
> cut = 9, ntr = 0,
> ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
> tempi = 298.15, temp0 = 298.15,
> ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0,
> nstlim = 250000, dt = 0.002,
> ntpr = 200, ntwx = 200, ntwr = 2000
> /
>
> sander.LES -i LES_p.in -o LES_p.out -p LES_p.prmtop -c LES.x -r
> LES_p.restrt -x LES_p.mdcrd
>
> Thank you for any help,
>
> Urszula
>
> MSc.PhD Student
> Medicinal Chemistry Group
> University of Halle-Wittenberg

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg
Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298
e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de
http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/
EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org