Re: AMBER: thermodynamic integration

From: Servaas Michielssens <servaas.michielssens.student.kuleuven.be>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 09:23:21 +0200

My confusion came from page 132 and 289 of the AMBER manual, where
lambda values seem to be switched. If in my prmtop file the charges of
the anion are under pert_charge and the neutral ones under charge, is
the value of DV/DL in my output file then the derivative of the
function seen from anion to neutral or oppositie. If this is from
neutral to anion this is the value to use to do the integration, in
the other case I should change signs.
So the problem is if in the prmtop file anion is in the pert_charge
how does amber caculates DV/DL.

kind regard,

servaas