AMBER: dielectric constant in GB/SA

From: Shuting Wei <gtg549i.mail.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:25:12 -0400

Dear AMBER users,

I have a question regarding the dielectric constant of water used in
GB/SA. The dielectric constant for water used in the calculation is
80, which is a static dielectric constant value? But for the
solvation behavior of the system, it seems that a dielectric constant
at high frequency (THz) need to be used to describe the charge-charge
interactions of molecules? Why a static dielectric constant instead
of a frequency dependent dielectric constant is used?

Please let me know if i understand this issue correctly, thanks a lot!

Shuting