Re: AMBER: Chemical shift: simulation vs. experiment

From: Mingfeng Yang <mfyang.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 00:17:04 -0700

Dear Dr. Roitberg,

Sorry for the confusion.

The protein has ~40 residues, and the experimental shift values for the 40 N
(of amide group) are roughly from 115 to 125. The predicted values are
roughly from 110 to 120. In average, shifts program under-estimate the N
shift values by 5. The correlation between simulation and experiment is
strong.

Doing the simulation in explicit is impossible ( can't reach meaningful time
scale and sample enough conformational space.), which is why I chose
implicit solvent model.

The under-estimation mentioned above makes me a little nervous. I am a
totally layman on NMR thing, really in need of a reasonable explanation.

I jumped into a wet lab after graduate study, which is really good because I
can finally test my simulation with benchwork. But one thing bad is that I
can't find someone to talk about the theoretical thing. :(

Thanks,
Mingfeng