RE: AMBER: NAD parameters

From: Jardas sucuriba <jarda_s.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:46:17 +0000

Hi

Thanks a lot. After visualizing my pdb file and the NAD.off+frcmod.NAD files
in leap and I found the problem: the names of heavy atoms of the NDP
molecule in my pdb file were not the same as in the NAD.lib file. So I
changed the names in the pdb file to the correct ones coming in the NAD.lib
and everything worked ok.
Now I have another question. After minimizing and running a small MD, I used
the trajectory as input to mm-pbsa to calculate the binding affinity of NAD
to the protein and I obtained a value of -74.05 kcal/mol.

# DELTA
# -----------------------
# MEAN STD
# =======================
ELE -57.51 0.00
VDW -73.20 0.00
INT 0.00 0.00
GAS -130.71 0.00
PBSUR -7.45 0.00
PBCAL 64.11 0.00
PBSOL 56.67 0.00
PBELE 6.60 0.00
PBTOT -74.05 0.00

Isn’t this value to much negative? Does anyone know about studies where the
binding energy of NAD to proteins is calculated with the mm-pbsa method or
experimentally?

Thanks
Jardas