AMBER: ptraj and quasi harmonic analysis

From: Chris Moth <chris.moth.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:58:52 -0500

When you perform normal mode analysis, I must assume you have separate,
minimized, structures for complex, receptor, and ligand from which you
are calculating the Hessian Matrix, and then diagonalizing this matrix
to get normal modes.

Is this right?

If so, in order for a comparable number to emerge from quasih-harmonic
analysis, I believe you will need to run three lengthy trajectories, one
for each of receptor, complex, and ligand.
Then, you perform ptraj on these separate trajectories.

I look forward to learning more about your reasoning though.

Do you have a literature reference that is guiding you in the
extract-all-from-one trajectory concept?

Keep us posted - and thanks

Chris