RE: AMBER: problem with calculating RMSD

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:03:37 -0700

Dear Tri,

The following will do what you want in Carnal:

FILES_IN
  PARM p1 1LDY_analogy.prmtop;
  STATIC t1 1LDY_analogy.prmcrd;
  STREAM s1 ../1LDY_prod_300K_10ps.mdcrd.bz2;

FILES_OUT
  TABLE tab1 1LDY_pav_full_rms_per_res_1_to_756_analogy.tab;

DECLARE
  GROUP solute (RES 1-756);
  RMS fit1 FIT solute s1 t1;

OUTPUT
  TABLE tab1 fit1%residues;

END

Carnal is no longer supported however so unless you have it lying around you
will have to use ptraj. You can almost certainly do the same thing in ptraj
I just have never attempted it. Take a look at the ptraj section of the
manual it should be fairly easy to work out how to do it. Some example
scripts for using ptraj are also included on the amber tutorials
http://amber.scripps.edu/tutorials/

Good luck...

Ross

/\