AMBER: Re: amber mm-pbsa problem

From: Jiten <jiten.postech.ac.kr>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:39:26 +0900

Dear Srinivas,

> NUMBER_REC_GROUPS 1
> RSTART 1
> RSTOP 2621

Where is the numbering for the crystal water molecules. You need to add
using RSTART and RSTOP as many as you want to define the number of water
molecules if they are not in order.

Secondly, as I mention before, you do not need parmtop for extracting the
complex, receptor and ligand coordinates from the mdcrd files. What you need
most is the proper numbering so that when you extract the second coordinate
it should exactly start from the intital point of the second coordinate in
the mdcrd file. Otherwise the subsequent coordinates will be completely
wrong. I think the error massage you get for the second coordinate is due to
this one (check the MM energy in the output file). Convert the second crd
file to pdb using ambpdb using same toplogy file that you have created for
this purpose. If you see messy coordinate, you need to fix it first with
proper numbering in your script or you need to correct your parmtop. Also
remember the new parmtop file and the extracted coordinates should contain
the same number of atoms.

> What do you think? I thought we should make the prmtop files
> for all of them and the numbering should well match with the
> MD

Numbering in the new parmtop file will be same only for the proteins and
ligands. However, it is not important factor to consider. Think like this -
now you are dealing a new set of coordinates defined by the parmtop which
will represent that new sets of coordinates (no more MD coordinates).

If you still have problem please let me know.

Best wishes,

Jiten