Re: AMBER: Attaching capping groups

From: Neelanjana Sengupta <senguptan.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 19:54:30 -0700

Dear Ross,

Thanks. This worked, producing the correct atoms. The coordinates of the
methyl hydrogens are, however, quite odd (see attached pdf for picture), but
it should work out during minimization. I just wanted to ask if this is
normal.... I am using amber7.

I did not use any initial coordinates for this case. I will soon be
simulating some artificial peptides which are capped at both ends by organic
groups, for which I have coordinates (as pdb files). Will I need to modify
the leaprc file? I would be very grateful if you could point out the steps
required to do this.

Regards,
Neelanjana