Re: AMBER: Trimannoside Problem

From: <kkirschn.hamilton.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:37:27 -0500

Hi Sandeep,

        It is difficult to answer these types of questions. My best guess
is that when you modified the parameter file you introduced an
error. This could happen in a number of ways, each with a different
reported error. Amber was recognizing your files incorrectly and,
which might be a formatting mistake.

        If your goal in asking this question is to understand the parameter
files and how leap assigns atom types, charges, et cetera, I suggest
you create from scratch a small parameter set for ethane, and load
only that into leap. Just so you know, this is a difficult task and
will take some time to accomplish.

Best of luck,
Karl
Karl N. Kirschner, Ph.D.
Center for Molecular Design, Co-Director
Department of Chemistry
Hamilton College, Clinton NY 13323