AMBER: Modified nucleotides-ATOM TYPES

From: mathew k varghese <mathew_kvarghese.yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:13:59 +0000 (GMT)

Dear amber users,

I am trying to parametrise a modified nucleotide. The DNA molecule which I am trying to simulate contains normal nucleotides as well as modified ones. When I am assigning AMBER atom types, there are some missing angle parameters. So I tried GAFF, and in this case there are no missing parameters. My question is, Is it a reasonable approach to use amber atom type and gaff atom type for the same molecule? If not how can I assign missing parameters for amber atom types?

Thanking you,

Mathew