Re: AMBER: amber9 possible failure tgtmd

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:58:15 -0800

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007, jlalonde wrote:

> I have just installed Amber9 on a single node of a Beowulf cluster. The
> serial test reported a possible failure in the targeted MD module (see
> below). Has any one seen this error?

People have reported problems with gfortran 4.0.1 before, on the tgtmd
tests (although not this exact one):

    http://amber.ch.ic.ac.uk/archive/200605/0043.html

The gfortran compiler has had a lot of recent work, and there are much
more up-to-date versions. I have "GNU Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.3.0 20061128
(experimental)", and don't see this test failure. So, you might try
upgrading, and/or swith to g95, which has generally been more stable.

I know it's lame to blame the compiler, but there is at least a
reasonable chance that it's your best shot in this situation.

Maybe gfortran guru's can chime in here, but you may need at least
vesion 4.1 or so.

...good luck...dac