RE: AMBER: Modified nucleotides

From: Seth Lilavivat <sethl.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 23:59:37 -0500

Mathew,

It depends on what you are using your modeling for. I use AM1-BCC for
my modified NA charges, but the goal of my modeling is to generate
reasonable structures. You should worry about where you are making the
largest error. An analogy would be if you were calculating the flow of
the Mississippi River it would make sense to worry if the average width
of the river was 500m or 500.5m.

Seth