Re: AMBER: ADDIONS do not neutralize to ZERO

From: Chris Moth <chris.moth.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:30:20 -0600

It sounds like you have many hundreds of DMP residues and these
non-integral charges are adding up badly.

If this is the case, you may want to take time to use the RED perl
scripts with multiple orientations of DMP - and possibly multiple
conformations:

http://www.u-picardie.fr/labo/lbpd/RED/

This may give you greater confidence in your DMP charges. Then, if you
still must hand-adjust some atoms by .000005 or so, I believe that you
can do this without much guilt.

Chris

Adding .00005 charge units to 4 DMP atoms to solve this is

Regarding my charge of 0.970410 in the system, I checked and my system