AMBER: calcium parameter for GB

From: Wei Chen <>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 18:21:08 -0500

Dear Amber users,

I try to simulate a metal protein having calcium ions with GB models. The
name of calcium ion is defined as 'C0', which is in parm99.dat. When I
checked the parmtop file, I found that 'RADII' and 'SCREEN' parameters of
calcium ions are treated as the same as carbon atoms. So leap somehow
recognized 'C0' as carbon atoms. I looked into the unitio.c file. But no
parameters of calcium ions are in there. I am wondering if I can find
'RADII' and 'SCREEN' parameters of calcium ions somewhere.

Wei Chen

The AMBER Mail Reflector
To post, send mail to
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amber" to