Re: AMBER: solvation of protein using TIP3PBOX in amber 8

From: David A. Case <>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 21:40:46 -0800

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007, Syed Tarique Moin wrote:
> Plz guide me as, during solvation my protein is not fully enclosed in a
> solvent, i.e protein is found to be away from solvent and solvent is
> found at one end or half covered the protein.

First, this sounds like an imaging problem: have you used the image facility
in ptraj to get your protein/water system into a familiar orientation?

If this doesn't help (or you don't understand what I am saying), please give
more details: just saying that this happens "during solvation" is not enough.
We need to know more about what you actually did in order to offer any advice.

The AMBER Mail Reflector
To post, send mail to
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amber" to