Re: AMBER: MM-PBSA

From: Angelo <angelo.holmes.cancres.nottingham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:30:00 +0000

Hi,

I think that it depends from your simulation, first of all you should
check the equilibration of your simulation ( plotting RMSD, EAMBER, etc.
etc). Let's say that your 10 ns simulation shows a constant RMSD after 3
ns...after this point you may want to start your MM-PBSA analysys. You
can check the Standard Deviation of your analysys, if considering only
the last 2 ns of the simulation the SD is considerably smaller than
considering the last 8 ns, then the former is probably the best choice.

I think that there is no preferred method, you should choose the
protocol which better suite your situation and to know that you should
try more than one thing...curiosity is the basis of research.

I hope that somebody more expert than me can add something here.

regards

Angelo